Today while most of you are preparing for an awesome day in church, Michele and I are preparing in much the same way. We will take our kids to the children’s equipping center then we will go to church...........to work in the 1-2 year old class to help out the full time missionaries who work in the children’s department. Stinky diapers from other people’s children, snot and crying. There are a lot of good times too as many of you know that have kids or kept other’s children. After that, I will go to the IHOP Missions Base to lead a worship set in the GPR...........well, not really. I will be ushering. Am I complaining, absolutely not. God uses things like this to search our hearts. How do you know you can handle a higher road when you won’t be faithful on the low one. I am not suggesting that child care and ushering is the low road. If that is what God has called you to then having to sing on a worship team would probably seem like the low road. You see what I’m sayin’? The Lord is always testing the motives in our heart. Then, if or when we are promoted or exalted, our heart will be that of a servant’s heart. Even if He doesn’t promote us to leadership or exalt us publicly in some manner, trust the Lord to walk you through the seasons of your life and let Him work humility in you. About the time we think we have the “humble thing” down, He will give us another situation or season to test it.
In Christ,
Brian Jones
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment