What is this “bride”, the church destined to look like? It seems it is so easy to forget sometimes as we get caught up in everything but prayer. It’s easy for me to lead worship, and it’s relatively easy to read and study the bible with all the resources we have today. It can even be easy to do outreach and various types of ministry. We can be very good at rallying people together to “get the job done” and totally bypass the thing that requires waiting and stillness......prayer. God is raising up a church that is going to be getting all of their battle plans and strategies during prayer meetings instead of board meetings. It is work to pray as I am realizing more and more every day. Yes there are days where it feels like the Lord is so near to me, and there are other days where I honestly felt better before I went into the prayer room. No matter how I feel, I know that when I am partnering with the Lord by praying for His purposes to be fulfilled on the earth that I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing. He really meant it when He said His house will be a house of prayer! This is not just something that we are doing now, we will be forever praying and interceding. This is the way God has always carried out His government on the earth and it will continue on into eternity. His ways are higher than ours.
In Christ,
Brian Jones
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment